Monday, November 23, 2009

13th Session

Today was more difficult for me. As I said before, they want you to have the radiation on a full bladder to cause less side effects. It is always difficult to know when & how much to drink so there is enough in the bladder without making you want to scream, you have to pee so badly while still being treated.

Today was one of those days where I wanted to scream, kept crying out to God to help me hold it until I could get to a bathroom as time seemed to slow way down. They were running late as my bladder continued to fill. Thank God, I did make it without leaving a trail behind me as I left the radiation room!

I went shopping for a gift for a friend on my way home & what I was looking for, each store I went to was out of it. Then I found myself at Sam's Club and found something there. The store queues were all full of at least 10 persons with full carts while I only had one item, so I went to see if I could pay for it at the photo counter. The person at the counter asked me if the customer service counter had sent me there. When I said, “no” (even though there was NO ONE at the counter other than myself) the bored cashier said he would not “be able to” ring it up.

So, I went to the customer service counter and asked if I could pay for my purchase at the photo counter. She said, “I don't care”, so I went back to the photo counter. This time there was another person behind the counter who was waiting on a Mexican family buying a $300. camera. I patiently waited until he was through with that purchase. When I told this cashier, who was bored as well that the customer service person named Brianna said I could buy my purchase there, he told me, “well, she has to come with you over here”. I went back to the customer service counter and Brianna was gone and some new woman was there who said to me before I could say anything, “Do you want to buy that at the photo department?” I laughed sarcastically as I said, “I would rather have the business card of the store manager so I can write to your headquarters.”

She said they did not have any cards, but would page him. TEN minutes later, he still wasn't there, so I reluctantly went to the end of one of the long queues as I could not just leave, as I needed the gift for tomorrow. Brianna, the woman who had been at customer service was my cashier!

From Sam's Club, I walked to Ala Moana to take the bus back to Manoa and all the seats were taken, so I had to stand. Soon after I got on the bus, a German man's luggage (which is not permitted on city buses) fell on my feet! I was not having a “Jesus day.” This was my 13th radiation session. If I were superstitious, I might think that helped to contribute to the day I wanted to forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment