Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Stay Away from Toxic People!

Last weekend was the most difficult time for depression with this whole cancer thing. I was suddenly overwhelmed with it all. Also, I was due to get my second of possibly three hormone injections on November 19, but it has been a week & my urologist/oncologist has not responded to my e-mail. I called his office & was told he was on vacation until December 7 and there were no appointments available until JANUARY! I told my radiologist yesterday & he called Kaiser urology for me & in minutes had an appointment for me today with another urologist/oncologist.

Sunday, I had a discussion with one of my house mate's friends that was not encouraging! After he told me "he had the gift of healing", I asked him to pray for my cancer and all he wanted to do was argue about how I needed to renounce generational bondage for four generations so I may be cured! He said, "God wants to heal EVERYONE". I told him that sometimes God does not answer prayer in the way we want Him to as He sees the whole picture and can sometimes use our circumstances to bring about His will.

A little later, he asked me if I had thought about what he'd said and what I had to say about it. I told him that he came across as prideful and what he said was not biblical. After all of that, he never even did pray for me. Ironically, he then had to go because he was late for church!

Time & time again, I have found Christians to be more hurtful than unbelievers. At least I know their attitudes are not a reflection of the Saviour! One needs to stay away from toxic people when going through treatment!

On a more encouraging note, I usually have the same bus driver coming and going. He is Hawaiian mix & I have never seen him without a smile. We usually talk about food. On Monday, he gave me a fresh avocado & when I got to the radiology department, was given a chocolate brownie. God knows when we need encouragement. Today marks treatment number #19. It still seems like so long until #37!

No comments:

Post a Comment