Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Christmas Aloha Attire




I was wearing my Christmas aloha shirt when I walked in the Queen's Cancer Centre for my 33rd radiation session. Yesterday, I was able to be seen at 4:00 instead of the usual 4:20, so I went in early again. One of the three receptionists commented on my aloha attire & asked where I was going later. I remarked, “Isn't it enough to wear this for you all”? They all sighed & one of them said, “Can I have a lock of your hair to clone you?" They are always very kind and friendly. Then I had my photo taken with one of them. If they give me a copy, as promised, I will post it.

Today was not my lucky day in getting in early. Twice, someone came out & told me they were running late as the Tomo machine was not working properly. I finally got in at 5:00.

I was very tired today. I had spoken earlier in the day with an acquaintance who had a high PSA level and was going to have to have a prostate biopsy. He told me today that no cancer was found in any of them, so thank God for that! I would not want anyone to have to go through this journey I have been on!

No comments:

Post a Comment