Monday, December 7, 2009

Hawaiian BBQ and Side Effects

First of all, on a happy note, I went to my bus driver's home for a Hawaiian family BBQ on Saturday night & had a great time. The food was so ono (delicious) including steak, short ribs, lamb chops, parrot fish caught that morning and chicken. I brought homemade whole wheat rolls, kim-chee and a homemade lilikoi (passion fruit) meringue pie. The hours FLEW and the evening was perfect. Cool, no wind and lots of stars out once the sun set. Their second grader even did some hula dances for us.

Today was my 22nd radiation treatment. It now burns to go to the toilet at both ends and have started getting diarrhea, which was expected. I meet with the radiologist every Tuesday, so will talk to him about it tomorrow & see what I can do for relief. The Tomo technician told me that after my 25th treatment, they should radiate a smaller area, which might help alleviate the symptoms somewhat. One day at a time...

No comments:

Post a Comment