Thursday, December 10, 2009

Milepost Twenty-Five

Today marked my 25th radiation treatment. Starting tomorrow, until the end (37 in all), they was focus on a smaller area of radiation, which will mainly be where the prostate was. My doctor said beginning Monday (today is Thursday) I should see fewer side effects, but they have been better than they were a few days ago. I am taking Lomotil, which has helped the big D. One more day until the weekend off! My bus driver friend invited me over for New Year's Eve.

It seems every third person I have talked to about radiation equates it with chemo. As of now, I am thankful I haven't needed chemo. Today I went in a few hours early for treatment as there was a cancellation. It was the first time I saw a child in the waiting room who is going through treatment as well, which made me want to cry.

No comments:

Post a Comment