Monday, December 14, 2009

The HIGH Cost of Treatment!



I am attaching a bill for ONE session of Tomo radiation (click on image for larger copy)! Thank God, I have health insurance! I just got a notice from Kaiser regarding next year's policy. Thank God I read the fine print! If I kept my current policy, it would cost 20% of the total bill for radiation (over $400. per session!!!). For just $20. more a month, I can continue to pay just $10. per session. If I did not already have cancer, I probably wouldn't be upgrading that $20. a month! My radiation will be finished on December 29, but that is no guarantee I will not need more in the future, unfortunately.

It was a difficult weekend. I do not know if it was the result of the radiation, but I felt very fatigued, with body aches, but no fever. I feel a lot better today, but not 100%. I am grateful I did not have to go in for treatment those two days! Today is treatment # 26. After today, “just” 10 left!

No comments:

Post a Comment