Tuesday, December 29, 2009

My LAST Session!

Finally! My 37th tomo radiation treatments are history! The time did not fly by at all. The worst part of it was not the actual radiation, but the monotony of the average three hours of my day (with transportation) that was dedicated to the treatments. The side effects were not too bad. The radiologist told me today that they should be gone in about a week & the fatigue in about 2 weeks. I have really felt worn out the past couple of weeks. At least it did not begin when I started.

I think it helped to silently pray for the other patients in the waiting room each day while I waited for my turn. It is good to get your focus off yourself & your own problems. I saw a lot of patients in a lot worse shape than me and who were going through both chemo and radiation.

One thing I found that in the beginning, for the most part, as friends & family find out about your cancer & treatment you hear from them a lot. As time goes on & you are still in treatment, you hear less and less. You have to realize life goes on & does not revolve around you & your illness even as you face it daily. You just have to pray every day for an extra dose of God's grace.

I got a $50,000. bill from November's treatments today of which I am only responsible for $270. of it! Thank God I have health insurance!

I will need follow up in three months, which I think will be to see if my PSA is still at or near zero. How I pray it is the end of it! I can not allow my mind to run ahead of me, but must make the most of each day God has given me. I pray that as I enter 2010 in a few days, I will enter it cancer-free!

I plan to spend New Year's Eve with the bus driver and his family who took me to & from treatment almost every day who is now a new friend. I'll have to take a nap, of course!

No comments:

Post a Comment