Friday, December 11, 2009

I Can't Find Myself!

When my regular bus driver arrived at my bus stop he remarked, “Where were you yesterday? I wondered where my friend was”. It was nice to be missed.

As I was taking the elevator down to the radiation department for my 26th treatment, there was an attractive Asian lady sharing it with me that I have seen most days I have gone in who was there for treatment as well. I asked her how many she had left and she beamed, “Today is my last”. I told her I prayed that it would be the last. She told me she hoped it would be my last battle with cancer as well.

When we arrived at reception, she took out her card to pass through a scanner to show the radiologists she'd arrived. As she was looking in her purse for her card, she remarked, “I can't find myself”. I replied, “none of us can”, and several people near by burst into laughter. I gave the receptionists some homemade shortbread I'd made earlier in the day.

I knew that this would be my first radiation that targeted a smaller area, but was surprised when it was finished in about 4 minutes. What a wonderful surprise! I was on my way and have 11 left. Again, it is so good to not have to go in for the next two days over the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment